Humanized mice modelA humanized mice model, human CD34+ hematopoietic stem cells-engrafted immunodeficient mice model, carries functioning human immune system. A humanized mice model is a robust in-vivo platform for long term studies in the field of immuno-oncology, infectious disease, and graft versus host disease.
In our laboratory, we have successfully developed a humanized mice model to study immuno-oncology drugs.
Syngeneic mice modelA syngeneic mice model is an allograft of immortalized murine cancer cell lines which were originated from the same inbred strain of mice.
This is an important model to develop novel immunotherapy in the presence of functional immune function.
In our laboratory we have established various syngeneic mice models and we are studying combination therapies with immune checkpoint blockades using these models in breast and ovary cancers.
|Mouse tumor||Cell line||Subtype (ER,PR,HER2)||Mouse strain|
PDTX modelPDTX mice models are generated by implanting fresh cancer tissues obtained from patient's tumors directly into immunodeficient mice.
PDTX platform can be used for the preclinical assessment of anticancer drugs before testing their effect in patients.
To potentiate NK cell therapy
The limitation of NK cell therapy
- - Will NK cells infiltrate into the tumor?
- - How strongly will NK cells kill tumor cells?
- - When NK cells are given to patients , How long will it remain alive and active in the body?
To overcome limitation of NK cell therapy
- - To enhance NK cell migration and invasion
- - To enhance NK cell cytotoxicity
- - To prolong survival of NK cells
We are studying various possible combination of chemotherapy and targeted therapy to overcome acquired drug resistant in ovarian cancer.
Overcoming acquired CDK4/6 inhibitor resistance
Various CDK4/6 inhibitors, palbociclib, abemaciclib, and ribociclib were FDA approved for use in combination with endocrine therapy, and they significantly increase the progression-free survival of patients with advanced estrogen receptor-positive (ER+) breast cancer.
Besides of various promising result in preclinical and clinical settings, acquired resistance to CDK4/6 inhibitors and lack of reliable biomarkers has limited the significance of the treatment
- - We generated the in-vitro and in-vivo, CDK4/6 inhibitor resistance models.
- - We are elucidating the diverse mechanism of resistance.
- - We are studying various strategies to overcome the acquired resistance.